- 1 shot illy espresso
- 2-3 tsp (10-15 ml) hot chocolate
- 1 scant oz (25 ml) fresh whole milk
- Cocoa powder
The Hot Marocchino is an inspired composition of deep colors, creamy consistencies and intense flavors. Serve it in a glass to reveal the full mouthwatering beauty of this specialty drink—chocolate on the bottom, coffee and milk in the middle and a velvety cream on top-an experience to enjoy layer by delicious layer.
- Prepare the hot chocolate in a small pitcher and pour it into the serving glass.
- Prepare the espresso directly into the same glass, adding it to the hot chocolate.
- Dust the mixture with a fine layer of cocoa powder.
- Foam the milk in a steaming pitcher, using the steam wand of your espresso machine.
- Gently pour the foam on top of the coffee/hot chocolate mixture and serve.