- Approx. 3 tbsp (50 ml) Espresso
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) coffee liqueur
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp (20 ml) maraschino liqueur
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla liqueur
- 2 coffee beans
- Ice cubes
The double Espresso creates a feisty, bracing base, the coffee liqueur doubles its flavor, the vanilla contributes its unmistakable sweetness, and the maraschino bursts forth with its sugary perfume: the secret of this cold cocktail is in the pairing of different yet allied characters. But most of all, in finding the right balance between their strong personalities.
- Chill the glass.
- Prepare two Espressos in a cappuccino cup.
- Put the ice, coffee liqueur, maraschino, vanilla liqueur and, last of all, the Espresso in the Boston shaker; shake.
- Pour into the glass, using the strainer to filter the ice.
- Garnish with two coffee beans, and serve.