- 1 tbsp plus 1 or 2 tsp (20-25 ml) Espresso
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Bénédictine
- Approx. 3 tbsp (40 ml) fresh heavy cream
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Ice cubes
The long history of Bénédictine is linked to the town of Fécamp in Normandy, where it originated. This fragrant and sweet liqueur, comprising a rich blend of herbs and spices softened by honey, blends harmoniously with coffee. Together, they give life to an aromatic cold Espresso drink, covered by a layer of whipped cream and decorated with a light dusting of cocoa. A true elixir for the senses.
- Prepare the Espresso in a small cup.
- Fill the mixing glass 3/4 full with ice cubes. Add the Bénédictine and the Espresso. Cool, mixing the ingredients with the mixing spoon.
- Pour into the glass, filtering the ice with a strainer.
- Shake the cream, which should be very cold, in the mini shaker until it becomes quite thick.
- Rest the cream on the surface of the cocktail, making it run down the back of the mixing spoon.
- Garnish with a light dusting of cocoa, and serve.