- 2 pieces of sliced bread
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- Ground coffee
- Jam and strawberries to garnish
It’s famous all over the world and it seems its origins can be traced as far back as the times of the ancient Romans. In this version French Toast is even more fragrant, with the addition of a splash of ground coffee that enhances the flavour and completes the decoration. To be served with an Espresso coffee prepared with a Moka pot for an unforgettable breakfast.
- Cut the slices of bread into 4.
- Break the egg in a bowl and beat with a fork.
- Add a pinch of salt, a pinch of cinnamon and a dash of milk, continuing to mix together.
- Carefully immerse the bread into the egg-based mixture.
- Place the pan on the stove and when it is suitably hot drop in a knob of butter.
- Sprinkle a good pinch of ground coffee over the butter.
- Add the bread to the pan and brown it on both sides.
- In the meantime warm the plate on which the food will be served.
- Transfer the toast onto the warm plate, preferably together with a spoonful of jam and a few strawberries.
- Sprinkle with ground coffee and serve, accompanied by an Espresso made in a Moka pot.