- 1 shot illy espresso
- 1/4-1/3 cup (60-70 ml) hot chocolate
- 2 tsp (10 ml) liquid sugar*, plus a little more to sweeten the hot schocolate
- 5 ice cubes
In this exquisite drink, coffee and chocolate have equal star power. Each brings its distinctive personality and characteristic taste to its half of the drink, creating a tantalizing duality and extraordinary sensory experience. Velvety hot chocolate on the bottom topped by a lively chilled coffee frappe
- Prepare the Espresso in a small cup.
- Prepare the hot chocolate in a pitcher; if you prefer, sweeten it a bit with some of the liquid sugar, then place it into a glass that can hold 2/3 cup (150 ml).
- Place the ice cubes in the blender with the liquid sugar and then add the espresso. Blend until it thickens into a frappé.
- Using a strainer to filter out the ice, gently pour the frappe on top of the hot chocolate and serve.