- Approx. 3 tbsp (40-50 ml) Espresso
- 2 tsp (10 ml) liquid sugar
- Ice cubes
The most elegant of the cold Espresso drinks, and a summer standard. Prepared in a shaker with sugar and a few ice cubes, the Espresso acquires an irresistible soft cream. A delight to be sipped through a straw, preferably during a long, relaxing break, perhaps paired with a cookie or two.
- Chill the glass.
- Prepare two Espressos in a cappuccino cup.
- Put the ice cubes, liquid sugar and two Espressos, which are added as the last ingredient, into the Boston shaker.
- Shake vigorously and pour into the chilled glass, filtering the ice with a strainer.