- 1 tbsp plus 1 or 2 tsp (20-25 ml) Espresso
- 2 tsp (10 ml) liquid sugar
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) fresh skim milk
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Ice cubes
Prepared in a shaker, the classic Marocchino takes on a new personality. Milk, coffee and cocoa keep their unmistakable aromas, but their encounter with ice gives them wholly new consistencies: velvety yet soft, creamy yet light. A soft mantle of cold milk is laid over the whole, for a guaranteed happy ending.
- Chill the glass.
- Prepare the Espresso in a small cup.
- Fill the Boston shaker 3/4 full with ice cubes, add the liquid sugar, approx. 3 tbsp (40 ml) of the skim milk, the cocoa powder (which needs to cover the surface of the ice) and, last of all, the Espresso.
- Shake vigorously and pour into the glass, filtering the ice with a strainer.
- In the pitcher, foam the remaining milk (1 tbsp plus 1 tsp or 20 ml) with the milk frother, and add it to the glass.
- Decorate with a light dusting of cocoa powder, and serve.