- Approx. 3 tbsp (45-50 ml) espresso
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp (20 ml) coffee liqueur
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp (20 ml) dark rum
- Approx. 3 tbsp fresh heavy cream
- Cane sugar
The Caribbean Sea, the Greater Antilles – they say the best rum comes from Jamaica.And on the same island, renowned Arabica plantations produce prized coffee beans. This distant relationship is perhaps at the origin of the perfect affinity between Espresso and rum, at its best in a strong, exotic cocktail like the Jamaican. A hot drink that closes softly with a dense blanket of shaken cream.
- Prepare two Espressos in a cappuccino cup.
- Pour the coffee liqueur and the dark rum into the glass and heat it with your Espresso machine’s steam wand. Take care to not overheat it, as this would change its aromas.
- Add the Espresso to the liqueurs, pouring it into the glass.
- Shake the cream, which should be very cold, in the mini shaker until it becomes quite thick.
- Gently rest the cream on the surface of the cocktail, making it run down the back of the mixing spoon.
- Decorate with a dusting of cane sugar, and serve.