- 1 shot illy espresso
- 2 tsp (10 ml) liquid cane sugar*
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) fresh whole milk
- Approximately 1/16 oz (3 g) unsweetened cocoa powder plus extra for dusting
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) skim milk
Together again, coffee, milk and cocoa come together in an enjoyable new variation on a traditional theme: here they create a hot, intense and aromatic drink sweetened with a touch of cane sugar and cooled with soft milk “snow”. The unusual contrast between hot and cold make for a delightful surprise.
- Prepare the espresso in a small cup or pour pitcher.
- In a frothing pitcher, combine the liquid sugar, whole milk and approx 1/16 oz (3 g) of cocoa powder; heat it with the steam wand of your espresso machine, being sure to keep the wand near the surface
- Add the espresso to the heated mixture and combine, moving the frothing pitcher with a circular movement. Pour into the glass.
- Foam the skim milk in a clean frothing pitcher using the steam wand, and add it to the mixture in the glass.
- Decorate with a light dusting of cocoa powder, and serve.