- 1 tbsp plus 2 tsp (25 ml) Espresso
- 5-6 fresh mint leaves
- 2 tsp (6 g) white cane sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) mineral water
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) white vodka
- A spring of fresh mint
- Ice cubes
A fascinating variation on the timeless cocktail born in Havana and favorite of the legendary writer Ernest Hemingway. Here, rum gives way to white vodka, and coffee becomes the star. A curious pairing of Espresso with mint offers the palate fresh notes and new flavors. Perfect for parties.
- Chill the glass.
- Prepare the Espresso in a small cup.
- Put the mint leaves and sugar in the glass and crush gently with the pestle.
- Add the water, without letting the sugar dissolve.
- Break the ice cubes into the smallest pieces possible and add them to the mixture.
- Add the white vodka and, last of all, the Espresso.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and serve.