- 1 egg
- 100g sugar
- 100g butter
- Ground coffee
- 100g flour
This aromatic shortbread that also includes ground coffee in its ingredients is intended for dipping into a cup of coffee, preferably dark roasted. Its hints of butter and egg bring out the bitterness and the intensity of the Moka pot, emphasising the notes of toast and vanilla. A perfect match.
- Break the egg into a bowl and beat with a fork. Add a pinch of salt continuing to mix it up.
- Still mixing, add the sugar.
- Cut the soft butter into cubes and introduce it into the mixture
- Sprinkle with a good pinch of coffee.
- In another bowl mix the yeast with the flour and then add it to the other ingredients, passing it through a sieve.
- Soften the mixture with a dash of milk and continue to mix.
- Put the mixture into a ‘sac a poche’ (pastry bag) wrapping it carefully. Then leave it to stand in the fridge for 30'.
- Switch on the oven to 200° using the fan function and while it warms up prepare a baking tray covered with greaseproof paper.
- Once the 30 minutes have passed, lay the mixture out in identical strips on the tray using the pastry bag.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes in the oven.
- Serve the biscuits with a cup of Espresso coffee.