- Moka pot for 3 people
- 3 eggs
- 250g mascarpone
- Coffee liqueur
- Sponge fingers
- Cocoa beans
A true national triumph, Tiramisù is the best loved Italian dessert known the whole world over. A wide variety of interpretations exist, at regional and even family level; this particular recipe is designed to make the most of the aromatic and gustatory qualities of the coffee, its essential ingredient.
- Separate the eggs and whisk up the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Beat the egg yolks with 3 or 4 spoonfuls of sugar using a whisk. The mixture must become almost white.
- Add the mascarpone to the beaten egg yolks continuing to blend until a perfectly creamy mixture is obtained.
- Now complete the cream by beating in the egg whites, energetically using a wooden spoon and taking care not to separate them.
- Wet the sponge fingers - previously cut into 4 parts - in the coffee, without soaking them too much.
- Grind up the cocoa beans with a pestle and mortar to obtain ground chocolate.
- Place a piece of sponge finger on the bottom of the glass in which the Tiramisù will be served, spread the mascarpone over the top, cover with a little ground chocolate and repeat the operation to create a second layer. You could also add a drop of coffee liqueur.
- Leave it to stand in the fridge for at least 30 minutes then serve.