- 1 illy espresso shot
- 1 oz (30 g) white chocolate, cut into small pieces or slivers
- 1 tsp (5 grams) black licorice, chopped into very small pieces
- 1 tsp (5 ml) liquid sugar
The surprising affinity between coffee, licorice and white chocolate presents a true olfactory adventure for the senses. In this special creation, the intense, rich aroma of espresso unites with the sweet notes of cocoa and the extraordinary fragrance of licorice root with deliciously tantalizing results.
- Heat a small glass by filling it with hot water from your espresso machine and letting it sit while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Chop the white chocolate and licorice into very small pieces or slivers.
- Empty the glass and dry it, then add the white chocolate and licorice. The residual heat form the glass will begin to melt them.
- Have two small pour pitchers ready, and add a small amount of crushed ice and the liquid sugar to one pitcher.
- Prepare a long espresso into a cup and split it into the two small pitchers.
- Using a hand mixer, blend the ice, espresso and liquid sugar until a soft foam is created.
- Pour the plain espresso into the glass over the white chocolate/licorice mix, which should be melted by now.
- Top with the coffee foam and serve with a small spoon.