A classic born in Ireland and celebrated all over the world for its bracing combination of coffee and Irish whiskey. A delicate layer of thick but not overly-whipped cream tempers the strength of this cocktail, and completes its perfection.
- Prepare two espressos into a cappuccino cup.
- Pour the whiskey and the cane sugar into a serving glass, heating it with the steam wand of your espresso machine. Take care not to overheat it as this will alter the taste of the whiskey
- Add the coffee to the glass of warmed whiskey.
- Shake the cream, which should be very cold, in the mini shaker until it becomes quite thick.
- Layer the cream on the cocktail, gently pouring it over the back of a mixing spoon so that it floats on top of the coffee.
- Decorate with a dusting of cocoa powder and garnish with two coffee beans before serving.