- 1 oz Grand Marnier liqueur (30 ml)
- 1 shot illy Espresso
- 1 1/2 tsp liquid sugar (10 ml)
- 1 oz heavy cream (30 ml)
Perfect as an after-dinner cocktail, this rich layering of flavors and textures delights both the eye and palate.
- Pour Grand Marnier into a small glass
- Prepare the espresso shot into a small cup or pour pitcher
- Add the liquid sugar* and stir gently
- Add the heavy cream to a small bowl or mixing cup and lightly whip so that it thickens but is still liquid
- Slowly pour the cream on top of the coffee to form a separate layer
*To make liquid sugar, boil equal parts of sugar and water until the sugar is completely dissolved. Cool and refrigerate.