- 2/3 cup illy espresso (6 shots)
- 7 TBSP liquid sugar (100 ml)
Simplicity itself, espresso Granita is one of summer's pleasures, often enjoyed in southern Italy as an icy alternative to traditional espresso.
- Prepare the espresso shots and pour into a shallow baking dish
- Stir in the liquid sugar* to sweeten, then place baking dish in the freezer
- Over the next several hours, remove from the freezer and stir or rake with a fork about every 30 minutes, until it becomes semi-solid and ice crystals have formed
- Scoop into a decorative glass and serve
* To make liquid sugar, boil equal parts of sugar and water until the sugar is completely dissolved. Cool and refrigerate.