- 2 tbsp (30 ml) espresso
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp (20 ml) dark rum
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp (20 ml) bénédictine
- 2 tsp (10 ml) liquid sugar
- White sugar
- 4 ice cubes
This cocktail resembles a Black Russian: like the afterdinner classic, it is served ‘on the rocks’ and has a distinctive coffee aroma, but it prefers dark rum and a drop of Bénédictine. Ritorno (Return) is intense and invigorating, and even more satisfying when served in a glass, the rim of which has been dipped in sugar.
- Prepare the Espresso in a small cup.
- Put the ice, rum, Bénédictine, liquid sugar and, last of all, the Espresso, in the Boston shaker. Shake well.
- Pour into the glass previously dipped in the sugar, and serve.