- 3 tbsp (40-50 ml) espresso
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) liquid sugar
- Hazelnut soft chocolate
- (gianduia) shavings
- 10 ice cubes
When two Espressos with different textures – one cooled in a mixing glass, the other blended – meet in the same drink, the result is a symphony of flavors and colors. This cocktail offers a strong, sophisticated experience, made all the more enjoyable by a layer of soft hazelnut chocolate (gianduia).
- Chill the glass.
- Prepare two Espressos in the cups.
- In the mixing glass, mix the 5 ice cubes, liquid sugar and one of the Espressos. Cool and pour into the glass, filtering the ice with a strainer.
- Put the remaining ice cubes, 2 tsp (10 ml) of liquid sugar and, last of all, the other Espresso, in the Boston shaker. Shake until the mixture becomes creamy.
- Pour this too into the serving glass, filtering the ice with a strainer.
- Garnish with gianduia shavings, and serve.