- 2 shots illy espresso
- Approx. 3 tbsp (40 ml) Irish whiskey
- 1 tsp (5 g) cane sugar
- Approx. 3 tbsp (40 ml) fresh heavy cream
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 coffee beans
A classic born in Ireland and celebrated all over the world for its combination of coffee and Irish whiskey. A delicate layer of thick but not overly-whipped cream tempers the strength of this cocktail, and completes its perfection.
- Prepare two espresso into a cappuccino cup.
- Pour the whiskey and the cane sugar into a serving glass, heating it with the steam wand of your espresso machine. Take care not to overheat it as this will alter the taste of the whiskey
- Add the coffee to the glass of warmed whiskey.
- Shake the cream, which should be very cold, in the mini shaker until it becomes quite thick.
- Layer the cream on the cocktail, gently pouring it over the back of a mixing spoon so that it floats on top of the coffee.
- Decorate with a dusting of cocoa powder and garnish with two coffee beans before serving.
Alcohol abuse is harmful to health, consume in moderation. This page is intended for adults and for people who have a legal age for alcohol consumption in the state, province or territory from which they are accessing the page.